New Eastside Real Estate
Old Town Chicago apartments
Find your home in Old town Chicago apartments in Chicago’s near north side real estate
Gold coast Chicago Apartments
Search for homes in Gold Coast Chicago Apartments or Old town Chicago Apartments – real estate in Chicago’s Near north side.
An Oasis in the Middle Downtown Chicago!
The New Eastside Chicago community (or New East Side) is one of the best of the Windy City with gorgeous views on the steps of Millennium Park, and some of the city’s best dining and shopping. This area is also referred to as Lakeshore East. It is located in the northeastern part of the Loop between Wacker and Randolph east of Michigan Avenue.
History of the New Eastside Chicago
Originally home to the Illinois Central Railroad yards, the New Eastside was made into a golf course after World War II. Then, in the early 2000s, the ground was broken to develop the area as a residential center featuring high rise buildings, pedestrian-friendly walkability, and serene green space.
Today, the 28-acre residential haven is home to many buildings known for their unique architecture, such as The Tides and Aqua. There are several new buildings going up in various parts of the New East Side. While the luxury residences in the neighborhood are stunning and elegant, the community is strong and close-knit. Since 1999, residents have shared updates about new construction and community affairs on their website.
New Eastside Geography & Active Listings
Boundaries for New Eastside:
- Lakeshore Drive and Lake Michigan to the East
- East Wacker Drive and the River to the North
- Randolph to the South
- Michigan Avenue to the West
The zip code for the New Eastside (or Lakeshore East is: 60601
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity program of Midwest Real Estate Data LLC. Real Estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Terri Buseman are marked with the MRED Broker Reciprocity logo or the Broker Reciprocity thumbnail logo (the MRED logo) and detailed information about them includes the names of the listing brokers. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may subsequently have sold and may no longer be available. The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, including but not limited to square footages and lot sizes, is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals. The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
MRED DMCA Notice
NOTICE: Many homes contain recording devices, and buyers should be aware they may be recorded during a showing.
- Featured Listings
Check out Terri’s featured listings for Chicago New Eastside (Lakeshore East) Real Estate today! Terri Buseman takes great pride in being a New Eastside Real Estate consultant. Not only has she worked in the downtown Chicago neighborhoods for over 18 years, but she’s also lived here and raised a family! Terri has 100s of satisfied clients with 5-star reviews.
Chicago New Eastside (Lakeshore East) Real Estate Agent – Terri Buseman – Work With The Best
Why Do People Love the New East Side Community
This neighborhood is home to residents in all stages of life, from first time home buyers to retirees. This oasis in the middle of the hustle and bustle of downtown life has led to increased interest among buyers. One doesn’t have to sacrifice nature to live in the city with the surrounding parks and green spaces. Shopping, restaurants, and easy access to entertainment means residents don’t have to travel far to get everything that they need. For people who work in the Loop, the walkability from this self-sustaining village is one of the biggest benefits.
Close by parks such as the Maggie Daley Park’s Play Garden draw people of all ages for fun and play. When residents return home, they can enjoy views from one of the best vantage points in the city.
The Architecture of the New Eastside
Curb appeal is an understatement when it comes to the stunning facades and visually stimulating buildings in the New East Side.
Here are a few notable buildings in this special community:
- Aqua: Winner of the 2009 Emporis Skyscraper Award, this exceptional work of architectural artistry is an 82-story residential and mixed-use building. It is located at 225 North Columbus Drive and has views of the lake and other famous Chicago landmarks. Sustainability was important to the team working on Aqua’s design. Terraces make use of natural solar shading and the entire building is outfitted with energy-efficient lighting. Look at this example condo to explore the views and the interior of a home in the Aqua.
- The Chandler: The 35-story tower offers 304 luxury condos in addition to 5 levels of parking for residents. A private party room, fitness center, and indoor rooftop pool are just some of the amenities The Chandler offers. What makes this building stand out from others is its floor-to-ceiling glass walls.
- The Tides: Located at 360 East South Water Street, The Tides is one of three buildings (including The Chandler) built by the Magellan Development Group in the New East Side. The 57-story high-rise received the 2009 Property Excellence Award. The private club on the 16th floor offers exclusive amenities such as a game room, sauna, whirlpool, and workout center.
The New East Side is a growing community. The neighborhood’s reputation invites talented developers and architects in the market to break ground. While “luxury” is the buzz-word around here, accessibility is the real benefit. Accessibility to traveling around the city and for living a balanced city life.
Exploring New Eastside Amenities
The Mag Mile is just footsteps from the New East Side. Residents have access to world-class shopping from large department stores and unique shops. There are over 450 shopping options to choose from on the Mag Mile.
How about food? For groceries, there are plenty of options with a Mariano’s and Blockwinkel’s. Now, there is even a new Amazon Go convenience shop that offers a high-tech shopping experience for your last-minute needs. There are restaurants galore in the neighborhood and beyond. Famous restaurants include MingHin for Cantonese dim sum and hot pot, high-end The Palm for steaks and seafood, and Eggy’s Diner for all-day breakfast and comfort food.
Whether you’re a movie-goer or prefer pondering art, there’s something for you in the New East Side. The neighborhood is walking distance from the Art Institute, movies at Millennium Park, and easy access to The Chicago Theater. There is certainly no lack of entertainment!
New Eastside Neighborhood Schools
There are a few schools conveniently located in the area for the New Eastside students.
For example, here are the two public school options:
- Ogden ES: The Ogden International School of Chicago is a full continuum preK-12 public International Baccalaureate school. This diverse school services the downtown area, and their programs focus on fostering empathy, global mindedness, and critical thinking.
- Wells Community Academy High School: Located in Noble Square, this high school teaches personal achievement through self-discipline, good learning habits, and civic engagement.
There are also local private school options:
- For instance, GEMS World Academy on East South Water Street is an independent international school serving grades K through 12.
- Lakefront Children’s Academy is also within the neighborhood’s boundary. The program serves children the ages of 2 through 6. Their curriculum focuses on school preparedness as well as enrichment activities such as music and fitness.
“Terri is an Excellent Agent”
“Terri Cares About Her Clients”
I have worked with Terri on many real estate closings and it is always a pleasure to do business with her! Terri cares about her clients. She is very responsive to calls and emails. Terri is very personable and friendly, and I know I can count on her to help me get the closing done. If you are looking for a real estate agent, she is a fantastic choice!
“Caring, Attentive, Very Pleasant”
Terri helped us both buy and sell in the South Loop. She was attentive to our needs, provided expert advice, and paid close attention to details. Very pleasant to work with. Highly recommend!
SELLER & BUYER
“Helped Us Sell Our Home In 4 Days”
Terri is an excellent realtor. She helped us sell our town home in 4 days, asking price. Terri helped us stage our home for sale. She knows the south loop! Terri always got back to us promptly via email or texts. We would recommend her highly.
“Happy Seller & Buyer – Always A Smile On Her Face”
Terri is a wonderful agent to work with. She has walked through some scary homes because of me and always had a smile on her face. I have purchased and sold through her and will be happy to use her services in the future.
SELLER & BUYER
Excellent Advocate for A New Home Buyer
The first-time home buying process is daunting, but Terri made it as simple as possible for me and my wife. She walked us through every step and thoroughly explained what was happening and why. Terri also served as our biggest advocate and always had our best interests on the forefront of her mind. She was honest and frank when we visited listings, letting us know whether she considered if what we saw was worth our time or might be more trouble than its worth. Terri is incredibly professional and is always available - even working to help us finish our deal while she was on vacation with her family. She'll be the first person we call whenever we decide to sell our house and we couldn't recommend her services enough.
NEW HOME BUYER